Wi-Fi: Affordable Connectivity Program
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) provides eligible households $30 per month toward high-speed home internet service, making some plans free.
The ACP benefit can be applied to a new or existing internet plan.
Additionally, eligible households receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers if they contribute $10-50 toward the purchase price.
Who is Eligible for ACP?
Your household qualifies for the Affordable Connectivity Program if:
- Your total income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines; or
If any member of the household:
- Participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year;
- Received approval for benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision (CEP), in the current or previous school year; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income program
Only one monthly service discount and one device discount is allowed per household. Program rules acknowledge that more than one eligible household may reside at the same address. In cases where only one fixed connection can be purchased at a given address, but two households reside there, the second household can purchase a mobile plan to receive their ACP discount.
Find Out if You Qualify
Visit GetACP.org to learn if you qualify, what documents you’ll need to apply, and how to connect to home internet plans that are free with ACP. Answer a few simple questions to receive, and it provides a personalized checklist that saves you time when you apply. It takes about 5 minutes.
How do Households Apply for the Benefit?
There are three ways to apply for ACP benefits:
1. Visit affordableconnectivity.gov to submit an application or print out a mail-in application.
2. Contact your preferred internet service provider directly to learn more about the application process.
3. Complete the application and Household Worksheet and mail them, along with copies of proof documentation, to:
- ACP Support Center PO Box 7081 London, KY 40742
- Note: Mail-in application may take several weeks to process.
Please visit the Education Superhighway FAQ page for more information.